This advanced course on Human Factors (HF) is the continuation of the basic course, and it is designed for an audience with already a basic knowledge of HF and the impact of human performance on safety-critical activities.
Course on Human Factors
Empowering business performance with advanced Human-Centred Solutions.
Understanding the strengths of the human being
The “Human Factors – Advanced” course designed by Deep Blue focuses on methods and tools to ensure a human-centred approach to technological and procedural innovations, incident investigation, safety activities, and regulatory oversight.
Participants will have a full understanding of the central contribution of humans to business performance and will be able to describe how HF can improve their daily operations and organisation.
After completing the course, participants will be able to apply HF methods and tools to design new systems, to carry out safety activities like risk assessment and incident investigations, to improve teamwork, Human Machine Interaction (HMI) and the working environment in general
The course is also indicated as a Train-The-Trainers for internal capacity building.
Main Topics and Structure
Main topics addressed:
- Human Factors, Human Performance and Safety;
- Human abilities and limitations;
- Human Error
- Cultural and Organisational Factors
- Teamwork and Communication
- HF methods and tools for design, safety, and teamwork.
The course duration can be customised. As a reference, the typical duration is three days. It can be held in English or Italian and modules can be scheduled consecutively, or as stand-alone modules on non-consecutive days.
All Deep Blue courses are taught by senior trainers with proven experience.
Privileged Training Partner of:
- European Space Agency – European Astronaut Centre (ESA-EAC)
- EUROCONTROL, the Aviation Learning Centre (ALC) and Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC)
- the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- the Italian ANSP (ENAV) and the Italian Professional Association of Air Traffic Controllers
- Corpo dei Vigili del Fuoco Italiano