In the Human Factors for Cybersecurity course, we give specific attention to human and organisational aspects of Cybersecurity, complementing the typical technology-first focus of cybersecurity.
Course on Human Factors for Cybersecurity
Improving IT security by analysing possible mitigating action related to behaviour, procedures and work tool.
Why cybersecurity is important
The consequences of a successful cyber attack can be severe, including financial losses, reputational damage, legal penalties, and compromised personal information. Cybersecurity is critical not only for protecting sensitive information but also for maintaining the trust of customers and stakeholders who rely on businesses and organisations to safeguard their data. Therefore, the training is designed to highlight several aspects involved and implement appropriate measures to prevent cyber threats.
With this course, companies and organisations will be able to evaluate and improve their level of IT security, starting from an analysis and definition of the requirements related to Human and Organisational Factors up to guiding an implementation that effectively reduces the risks of cyber attacks. Through practical case studies, participants will be aware of organisation’s vulnerabilities from a Human Factors perspective and identify mitigating actions related to behaviour, procedures, and work tools to:
- Raise awareness about how Human Factors are deeper connected to cybersecurity risks, and how to decrease vulnerabilities to cyber-attacks.
- Increase resilience to cyber attacks with a systemic security plan.
- Implement an effective external and internal communication plan to mitigate Cyber crisis.
- Understand the regulatory frameworks in European contexts.
Main Topics and Structure
The training is divided into two main workshops. It gives participants practical examples and involve them in training activities, providing tailored solutions to their operational contexts about the following topics:
- Human psychology and behaviour relevant to IT security.
- Human Factors related to cyber risks.
- Attacker profiling to understand their abilities, motivation and goals
- The tangible and intangible assets of an organisation
- Methodologies and tools
- Case studies and good practices to raise awareness on Cybersecurity.
- Methods to improve Cybersecurity culture in organisations
- Structure and procedures related to a communication plan
- European regulatory framework: the GDPR among obligation, duty and good practices.
The course can be held in English or Italian and modules can be scheduled consecutively, or as stand-alone modules on non-consecutive days.
All Deep Blue courses are taught by senior trainers with proven experience.
Privileged Training Partner of:
- European Space Agency – European Astronaut Centre (ESA-EAC)
- EUROCONTROL, the Aviation Learning Centre (ALC) and Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC)
- the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- the Italian ANSP (ENAV) and the Italian Professional Association of Air Traffic Controllers
- Corpo dei Vigili del Fuoco Italiano