The Human Factors – Introduction course designed by Deep Blue covers the fundamentals of Human Factors (HF) and is designed for a wide audience. It presents key HF concepts and an overview of human abilities and limitations.
Course on Human Factors
Key Human Factors concepts for a wide audience.
Understanding the interactions between humans and the system
Human Factors is a scientific discipline that analyses and improves the interactions between humans and the elements of the system in which they operate, in order to increase human well-being and the performance of the system itself. Human Factors is a systemic approach, looking at:
- ‘internal’ elements such as individual abilities and limitations, workload, fatigue and stress;
- ‘external’ elements concerning the work context, the workplace and the human-machine interface;
- the organisation of work, i.e. procedures, rules and company policies;
- the ‘outer environment’, e.g. the regulatory frameworks or national and supranational regulations.
The course ensures that all the participants will have an understanding of key Human Factors concepts. Participants will be able to recognise and emphasise the strengths of the human being – such as flexibility, adaptability and learning skills – thereby enlarging the scope of HF analysis beyond human errors and incident investigation. Additionally, participants will have an understanding of the central contribution of Human Factors to safety activities.
Main Topics and Structure
Main topics addressed:
- Human Factors, Human Performance and Safety;
- human abilities and limitations;
- stress and fatigue management.
The course duration can be customised. As a reference, the typical duration is two days.The course includes exercises and scenarios specifically adapted to the audience, engaging participants in group activities, role-play, games and exercises. It can be held in English or Italian and modules can be scheduled consecutively, or as stand-alone modules on non-consecutive days.
All Deep Blue courses are taught by senior trainers with proven experience.
Privileged Training Partner of:
- European Space Agency – European Astronaut Centre (ESA-EAC)
- EUROCONTROL, the Aviation Learning Centre (ALC) and Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC)
- the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- the Italian ANSP (ENAV) and the Italian Professional Association of Air Traffic Controllers
- Corpo dei Vigili del Fuoco Italiano