Course on High Performing Teams
Experience-driven training program to enhance performance in dynamic and demanding environments.
This training is inspired by the Human Behaviour and Performance training for ESA astronauts, stressing aspects like the capability to perform in dynamic and uncertain situations, team flexibility to adapt to operational demands, effective strategies to manage workload and stress by team prioritization. The overall goal is making sure that decision-making is happening fast and in the right place when needed, without compromising the overall strategy and goals.
The training is designed around “experience-driven” activities, where participants collaborate in teams and face a demanding situation. It is delivered in an outdoor location to expose participants to novel unexpected situations, followed by debriefings and learning from the experience, facilitated by our instructors. Depending on the participants’ interests, practical activities can be structured around one common theme, including expeditionary skills, or expeditionary medicine, leadership in extreme environments, and so on.
Delivered in collaboration with Miles Beyond.
- Achieve efficacy and resilience in dynamic and demanding environments
- Adapt team structure, roles, and communication patterns to fit the situation
- Enhance the capability to learn from the experience
- Manage stress, fatigue, workload, to optimize performance
Main Topics and Structure
- NASA & ESA Team competencies and behaviours
- Communication styles and formats
- Creating functioning teams and managing dysfunctions
- Briefing and debriefing
- Decision making
- Threat and error management
The course is completely customizable according to the client’s needs and the type of organisation. The recommended duration is 3 days, of which 2 outdoors.
The course can be held in English or Italian and modules can be scheduled consecutively, or as stand-alone modules on non-consecutive days.
Designed for managers and team leaders in space operations. Applicable to all the other sectors, including first responders, rescue and emergencies.
All Deep Blue courses are taught by senior trainers with proven experience.
Privileged Training Partner of:
- European Space Agency – European Astronaut Centre (ESA-EAC)
- EUROCONTROL, the Aviation Learning Centre (ALC) and Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC)
- the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- the Italian ANSP (ENAV) and the Italian Professional Association of Air Traffic Controllers
- Corpo dei Vigili del Fuoco Italiano